Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gas Consumers


I have often thought that the rising price of oil and the corresponding increase in the cost of a gallon at the pump has produced benefits for certain persons and entities. Surely, the shareholders of Exxon Mobil Corp, Royal Dutch Shell, Conoco, BP (ARCO), and Chevron Texaco to mention a few of those publicly traded companies that produce and refine this commodity are pleased at the rising price of gas.

Imagine, the appreciation of the shareholders' holdings eventually fills the coffers of the federal government via the tax on shareholder gains; the stock rises in value and the shareholder is giving up a percentage of gains not vested capital, everyone is a winner. The corporation's after tax profits are utilized for future investments in infrastructure, exploration, and financial sureties of differing descriptions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe gas has increased at such an alarming pace. It jumped 20 cent just in 2 days. I hope the new president will do something to fix this problem -- that will eventually turn into an epidemic